When a disaster strikes, this is the time for God’s people to rally around those that need help. All Team Members are volunteers and are followers of Jesus Christ who desire to bring others to an awareness of the Love of God and His saving grace.
Purpose: The Disaster Relief Recovery Team was created to provide assistance following natural disasters of hurricanes, tornadoes, and windstorms.
Frequency: Local jobs will take place Tuesday of each week unless additional needs are required
- Deployment can take place at any time when a disaster strikes and our team decides to assist with that location.
- A typical timeframe for duty will be 5 to 9 days in length with 2 of those days spent in travel to the disaster location.
- A typical day can consist of 8 hours of work per day
Membership: A DRT member is anyone that has the desire to help others and is willing to work hard in a team effort. For deployment purposes, the volunteer must be a member of a Southern Baptist Church and attend a 1 day training course that will certify them to work in a disaster area
Location: Our volunteer trips have taken us as far as the East Coast to the Carolina’s and as far South to the Gulf Coast. Our teams have been to Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and all over the state of Arkansas. We will travel where we are needed and where we are called by God to serve.
In addition to disaster relief, this team provides a local tree ministry service to Balboa Baptist, Coronado Baptist Church and Barcelona Baptist Church members and local neighbors of Hot Springs Village on an as needed basis. Although we are NOT a tree service, landscape, yard or home maintenance business we will help with trees that are threatening a home, or causing problems due to the damaged tree.
For tree service call Balboa Baptist Church office at 501-922-0155.
If you are interested in finding out more about this ministry – please review our policies and guidelines below.
Guidlines for Tree Ministry Services
- We do not charge for our services nor do we solicit jobs, ask for or recommend donations. All services are done strictly on a donation basis. If you wish to donate to this ministry you may deliver your gift to:
Balboa Baptist Church
415 Ponce de Leon Drive
Hot Springs Village, AR 71909
Please designate "Disaster Relief" on your check. A record of donation will be sent to the name and address on the check unless stated otherwise. Cash donations may or may not receive a record of donation
- We are not bonded. Therefore, you will be required to sign a release form removing liability from Balboa Baptist Church and all Disaster Relief Team members.
- Our team will meet with you to discuss your job request and determine if we will be able to perform the necessary work. For those not members of Balboa, Coranado and Barcelona Road churches tree service will be limited to dead trees, storm damaged trees or trimming limbs from a house.
- A date will be set for the work and you will be informed of that plan.
- Additional information will be discussed regarding site preparations if needed.