When a disaster strikes, this is the time for God’s people to rally around those that need help. In an effort to meet this need, Balboa Baptist Church started the DR Team here.
The Disaster Relief Team provides assistance in times of natural disasters i.e., hurricanes, tornadoes and windstorm damage.
- A DRT member is anyone that has the desire to help others and is willing to work hard in a team effort
- Local jobs will take place Tuesday of each week unless additional needs are required
- For deployment purposes, the volunteer must be a member of a Southern Baptist Church and attend a 1 day training course that will certify them to work in a disaster area
- Our main ministry is the Disaster Relief service, however, we also provide a local tree service to our HSV residents
- Local tree services are our secondary ministry to assist with tree problems that could include; dead trees, threatening or damaged trees. Click here to find out more about this service (PUT LINK HERE)
- Deployment can take place at any time when a disaster strikes and our team decides to assist with that location.
- A typical timeframe for duty will be 5 to 9 days in length with 2 of those days spent in travel to the disaster location.
- A typical day can consist of 8 hours of work per day
- Our volunteer trips have taken us as far as the East Coast to the Carolina’s and as far South to the Gulf Coast. Our teams have been to Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and all over the state of Arkansas.
- We will travel where we are needed and where we are called by God to serve
Our Disaster Relief Team provides a local tree ministry service to Balboa Baptist, Coronado Baptist Church members and local neighbors of the HSV on an as needed basis. Although we are NOT a tree service, landscape, yard or home maintenance business we will help with trees that are threatening a home, or causing problems due to the damaged tree.
If you are interested in finding out more about this ministry – please review our policies and guidelines HERE.