Our Mission: Engaging People to Find & Follow Jesus
We are God-centered by loving and glorifying Him. We engage people through friendships, growing in fellowship, & becoming family. We share Jesus so people will find a relationship with God through Jesus. We grow in following Jesus by teaching each other to obey Him.
Vision 2022 is ENGAGING IN FELLOWSHIP. Covid has pressed upon many to stay home and social distance. Covid remains contagious, yet is weakening. We are ready to Engage in Fellowship again.
- Sing Together: We have 2 new worship ministers! We are refocusing on engaging in fellowship by worshiping together in spirit and truth. We averaged 435 in worship each Sunday in 2021.
Success point: 500 worshiping together in our Traditional service, our Contemporary service, and online by the end of 2022.
- Serve Together: We want members to “Plug-In” to serving together in Bible Classes, Life Groups, Ministries, and Missions. Most churches experience 20% serving the other 80%.
Success point: 50% of our members involved in serving together!
- Study Together: Each of our Bible Classes meet for fellowship, Bible study, & outreach. In 2021 less than 300 gathered each week at 10am for Bible Classes.
Success point: 400 in Bible Classes & start 3 new Bible Classes by the end of 2022 studying together.
- Sacrifice Together: We initiated the Global Mission Strategy: a year-round strategy of giving with each dollar strategically allocated to International Missions (50%), North American Missions (20%), Arkansas Missions (15%), and Balboa Mission trips & local missions (15%). We also adopted an aggressive Unified Missions & Ministries Budget of $1.5 million.
Success Point: Give $100,000 to Global Missions. Exceed our $1.5 million Unified Missions & Ministries Budget through faithful tithes and offerings.
Many have said that Balboa is the friendliest church in Hot Springs Village. We will strive to live up to it! But people don’t just want a friendly congregation, they need friends. So our vision is to truly Engage in Fellowship!
THE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST - We believe that Jesus is the Head of our church and Lord in our personal lives. We submit to His leading and have faith that His power will enable us in all our endeavors. (1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18)
WORSHIP - We believe that heart-felt personal and congregational worship enables us to experience the power of the Holy Spirit and fills us with the fruit of the Spirit. Christ-centered worship is the catalyst for a deeper relationship with God. (Psalm 29:2; John 4:23-24)
PRAYER - We believe that as we give prayers of praise and supplication in Jesus' name, nothing that we ask shall be impossible that is according to God's will. (Matthew 7:7-8; 1 John 5:14-15)
BIBLICAL TEACHING - We believe the Bible is God's Holy and inspired Word and our primary source of revelation. Therefore, teaching and preaching must be faithful to Biblical doctrine, revealing God's grace to all. (Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12)
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY - We believe Scripture defines marriage as between one man and one woman and describes the greatest responsibility of parents as the raising of godly children. Therefore, we must provide training and enrichment in marriage and parenting for all families. Scripture also affirms circumstances for singleness, single-parenting, and the contribution of and care for widows and widowers. (Genesis 2:18-24; Proverbs 22:6; 1 Corinthians 7:8; Luke 2:25-38)
EVANGELISM - Just as the early church obeyed Jesus' command to be His witness, we believe we are called to use compassion, prayer, and humility to draw all people to Christ. (Luke 19:10; Acts 1:8; Romans 1:16)
GODLY LEADERS - We believe just as Jesus called His twelve disciples, He continues to call leaders to follow Him in guiding His people. Therefore, we seek to recognize those who are called to leadership roles and provide opportunities for them to grow in Christ-likeness. (Acts 6:3, 1 Timothy 4:7; 2 Timothy 2:2)
CHURCH HARMONY - We believe we are to preserve and promote harmony in our church. We will strive to do this by lovingly treating others with respect and dignity. Christ-centered community is the lifeline for a growing follower. Its found in Bible Classes and Life Groups. (Psalm 133:1; Romans 14:19; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 1:1-4)
SANCTITY OF LIFE - We believe that human life must be respected and protected from the very moment of conception. (Psalm 139:13-15; Jeremiah 1:5)
Membership 101 class helps those just interested, considering joining the Balboa family, or new members to understand our values and functions as a church. Our Pastor leads the one-time monthly on a Sunday, 2pm-5pm. Besides our Core Values, the class addresses: Mission, Salvation, Baptism & Lord’s Supper, Membership, Organization & Decision-making, Baptist distinctives, Staff, Property & Buildings, Ministries & Missions.